Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- We’re recruiting – two posts - We are currently recruiting to two posts. Please note that both jobs are open to women only (genuine occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9) Service Development and Sustainability Coordinator This is a key role within the organisation, for a creative and innovative individual to work closely with the Centre Manager to […]
- Statement on Nottingham Women’s Conference - Nottingham Women’s Centre is releasing this statement because we are aware that there has been some confusion about the relationship between Nottingham Women’s Centre and Nottingham Women’s Conference. We would like to clarify our relationship with the conference and state our position on diversity and inclusivity. Last year, Nottingham Women’s Centre provided funding and support […]
- The Cut – FGM Conference – 9th October - FGM is illegal in the UK. It is also illegal to arrange for a child to be taken abroad for FGM. Despite this, over 137,000 women and girls are living with FGM in the UK. Nottingham Women’s Centre is proud to support WeAreNudge for ‘The Cut’ conference. This national conference taking place in Nottinghamshire is a […]
- Courses and Activities Information Day – 16th September - Come along and find out about more about what we do and ways to get involved at our: Courses and Activities Information Day Tuesday 16th September 10am – 2pm You can download our Autumn Course Booklet here: NWC Course booklet Sept 2014
- People’s March for the NHS – 28th August - The People’s March for the NHS will be on the Nottingham leg of its journey on Thursday 28th August. The march, which started in Jarrow and is heading to Westminster, is a recreation of the Jarrow March in 1936. Back then it was a protest against unemployment, this time it’s a protest against the privatisation […]
- Feminist Libraries and Archives Gathering - After the success of the first gathering bringing together feminist libraries and archives in the country in February, we are hosting the first official event for the newly created FLA: Feminist and Women’s Libraries and Archives Network on the weekend of 13th and 14th September. This will be an opportunity for feminist libraries and archives […]
- Radical Readers – change in day - Radical Readers (your favourite feminist reading group!) is moving to a Thursday. From August onwards, Radical Readers will take place on the last Thursday of every month, from 5.30pm – 7.30pm. Anyone is welcome to join this friendly group of women to discuss feminist fiction, non-fiction, poetry and children’s books – get in touch if you […]
- People’s Kitchen fundraiser – 16th August - As part of our Year of Adventure fundraising activities, one of our skydivers is hosting a People’s Kitchen to raise money for Nottingham Women’s Centre. Saturday 16th August at the Sumac Centre from 7pm onwards.