Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- PCC elections – 5th May - Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) are still fairly new but they have a huge influence over the way the police and others respond to different forms of violence against women and girls. The Police and Crime Commissioner elections take place on Thursday 5th May 2016 and in the run up to this we have asked […]
- Computing for beginners - New course – starting on Friday 6th May.
- Updated activities programme - Fancy learning maths? Trying out archery? Building your confidence? Writing your own songs? Something else? We’ve got something for everyone in our updated activities programme. Have a read below and join us for some coffee and cake on Monday 18th April from 10am – 1pm to find out more.
- Try your hand at tennis! - Try tennis for FREE with a qualified coach. Learn the basics and play lots of fun matches and games right here at Nottingham Women’s Centre – every Friday, 10am – 11am, starting Friday 6th May. Smaller courts & slower, softer balls = long rallies!! Why hit the gym when you can hit the ball? Women […]
- Voices for Change – Discussion Cafe - Come and join us for a cuppa and a friendly discussion about the issues that matter to women in Nottingham and making change happen at our first discussion cafe!
- Citizens Delegate Assembly – May 3rd - Join us to help get the issues important to women in the City heard by local decision makers! We have free tickets to this event where we will be asking local representatives from the Council, local Health Commissioners and the Police and Crime Commission to do more around: Mental Health; BME recruitment; Sanctuary and Sexual Harassment […]
- International Women’s Day Celebrations - International Women’s Day 2016 Every year, 8 March is the day on which women across the globe celebrate our achievements and highlight the issues which still affect women and prevent us from reaching our full potential. As usual, here at the Women’s Centre, we had a full schedule of events and celebrations! Reggae Take Over […]
- Creative writing session and trip to Bromley House - Women are invited to attend a creative writing session at Bromley House Library on Wednesday 30th March, 10am-12pm. This event is a follow on from Finding the Words, a series of creative writing workshops linked to the book ‘These Seven’, and gives women an opportunity to write in the unique surroundings of Bromley House, an […]