Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- Because I am a Woman – experiences of misogyny hate crime - Working in conjunction with Nottinghamshire Police we have produced ‘Because I am a Woman’ – a short video of women’s experiences of misogyny hate crime and street harassment. There are two versions of the video – the full length version (10 minutes) and a shorter one, suitable for social media sharing. We are hugely grateful to […]
- Course Information Day 14 September - Pop in between 10am and 1pm to and find out about what we’ve got on offer here!
- Misogyny hate crime - Nottinghamshire Police has made history by becoming the first force in the country to recognise misogyny as a hate crime. The additional category will apply to a range of incidents reported to the police, from street harassment through to physical intrusions on women’s space. You can find the full definition on the Nottinghamshire Police website. […]
- Focus group – your views needed - We’re collaborating with two other women’s organisations, AVA and Agenda, to gather information about the experiences of women and girls affected by multiple disadvantage. We’re holding a focus group on Tuesday 20th September to hear views from women who have accessed certain support services – see below for more information and get in touch with us […]
- Learning and Speaking English - These lessons aim to increase confidence in speaking English and communication with English speaking people in everyday life. Women may be more comfortable to go out meeting new people and will find it easier to engage with other members of their community. Starts: Thursday 22nd September, 10am-12 noon Initially for 6 weeks but if there […]
- Sponsor Shoosmiths Nottingham to Run for the Women’s Centre - A team of dedicated runners from Shoosmiths Nottingham are turning pounding feet into pounds sterling when they run in the Nottingham Robin Hood Half Marathon to raise money for us on 25 September. Seven Shoosmiths colleagues are taking part, with one, Michael Briggs, also running the New Forest full marathon on 11 September. Another has […]
- Meet the team – Sara - My name is Sara and I began working at Nottingham Women’s Centre at the beginning of August. I am a Welfare Rights Advisor, which means I provide support with issues relating to benefits, debt and finances. I can help with a wide variety of problems and help to demystify the often very confusing benefit system. […]
- We want to hear from you! - Women’s Voices As part of our new Help Through Crisis project we would like to hear from all women about the issues that they face. From time to time we may ask you and other women who use the Centre to tell us in more detail about your lives and experiences. This could be through […]
- Capoeira Sessions for Women - Nottingham Women’s Centre is partnering with Capoeira Nottingham CIC to offer 4 free Capoeira sessions as part of our ongoing Friday Club activities. Capoeira is a fantastic, fun activity combining sport, dance, martial-arts and music. It comes from Brazil and the sessions are suitable for all ages and levels of fitness. Each session will include […]
- 100 % of Our Staff are Proud to be Part of Nottingham Women’s Centre! - We recently undertook the first of what will be our annual staff survey, asking our teams to tell us what they think of working here…and the results are pretty great! 20 out of a possible 21 of our staff responded, and 100% reported that they are proud to work here, with 95% saying that they […]