Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- AGM and Film Screening - Our Annual General Meeting will be held on: Thursday 4th December from 5.30pm We’ll be electing new trustees and conducting the official business of the charity first, and then showing a film in Room 9 (upstairs): Pray the Devil Back to Hell – a film which documents the Women of Liberia Mass Action for Peace […]
- Transamerica – Screening and discussion - We are hosting a screening of the film Transamerica on Tuesday, 25th November at 6pm followed by a discussion. Transamerica stars Felicity Huffman as trans woman named Bree. One week before undergoing surgery, Bree learns that she fathered a boy who is now 17 and is in trouble with the law. Bree would like to […]
- Second round of small grants funding now open - Nottingham Women’s Centre is happy to announce the opening of our second round of small grants funding. The small grants are part of the two year Nottingham City Council Communities of Identity funding stream to Nottingham Women’s Centre and partner organisations. This is focused on Gender and Sexual Orientation and will support small, grass […]
- Zeros and Ones – Friday 14th November - Earlier in the year we worked with the Projector Project at Broadway to host a weekend training event for women in the creative and digital industries. As a follow up event, they have arranged ‘Zeros and Ones: Panel Debate’ on Friday 14th November (taking place at Broadway) to debate, explore and discuss support for women in the […]
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women - The 25 November is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. There are a number of events taking place locally around this theme during the month of November. For more information, download the calendar below: Calendar of events (click on each event for more information)
- Every woman has a story to tell – share yours? - Every woman has a story to tell, and just as every woman is unique, so too is her story. We want to hear yours. As part of our library relaunch, we’re holding memoir writing workshops for women who use (or have used) the Centre. Once a week for six weeks, each woman will work on […]
- Nottingham Women’s Centre library launch - The new Nottingham Women’s Centre library launches on Thursday 27 November at a special Radical Readers event from 5.30pm – 7.30pm. All women are welcome to join us. We are proud to welcome to the launch our guest speaker Kat Banyard, author of ‘The Equality Illusion’ and co-founder/director of UK Feminista. Women’s libraries are now […]
- New writing group – starting 19 November - A new women’s writing group will be held at Nottingham Women’s Centre on Wednesday evenings from 7.30pm onwards, led by Natasha Picôt. All women welcome and absolutely no experience necessary! Come along to write, chat and explore!