Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- Small Grants Funding Open for Applications - We have small grants of up to £350 available for organisations working with Women or LGBT people. The closing date for applications is Friday 3 July at 12 noon and grants will be awarded by the end of July. The guidance and application form are available to download here: NWC Small Grants – Guidance & […]
- Women’s Manifesto Responses – the Parties respond - In the run up to the Nottingham City Council local elections, we created a Women’s Manifesto based on the issues facing the women we work with. This was sent to all 5 major Parties in our area for their comments. We’re pleased to say that we’ve received a number of responses since. We want to […]
- Lunch Cafe Not Running Today - Lunch will not be available in the centre today – the cafe is run by volunteers every week and they need an occasional break! You can still come in for tea and coffee and to use the welcome space, and visit the new Body Shop at Home stall. Cafe back next week.
- Body Shop at Home Every Tuesday at Nottingham Women’s Centre - Body Shop at Home consultant Charlette will be having a regular Tuesday slot at Nottingham Women’s Centre, 11am-2pm. Come and visit Charlette to try samples, browse the catalogue and have a coffee in the Centre and find out more about our work. Why not combine it with lunch at our regular Tuesday pop-up cafe? Bring […]
- Exciting new RENEW activities - … Including songwriting and a Bounce workshop! Our Spring programme of RENEW activities is coming soon with some exciting new activities. Songwriting – Basic beginners’ course looking at both lyrics and melodies as a means to explore our place in, and view of, the world. Starts Friday 24th April, 10am – 12pm for 6 weeks. […]
- Nottingham Women’s History Group Talk and AGM 23 April - All are welcome to join Nottingham Women’s History Group on Thursday 23 April for their AGM and “Women’s Suffrage in Nottingham”, a talk based on recent research by Rowena Edlin-White. 7-9pm, International Community Centre, 61b Mansfield Road, Nottingham NG1 3FN. Tickets £3 including refreshments. For more information, visit www.nottinghamwomenshistory.org.uk
- Childcare apprenticeship opportunity - We’re currently offering a Level 3 Childcare apprenticeship in our Daycare. This in a unique opportunity to earn while you learn, with the possibility of a permanent staff position at the end of your training. View more information on the Apprenticeships website Or contact Samia Ali at Access Training on: 0115 958 7257 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have you registered to vote yet? - You can do so here on Tuesday 14th and Thursday 16th April with support and information available on how to register to vote, whatever your circumstances. 9.1 million women who were eligible to vote didn’t vote in the last General Election and overall voter turnout in the last Nottingham city local elections was only 37.6%. Policies […]