Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- Misogyny hate crime - Nottinghamshire Police has made history by becoming the first force in the country to recognise misogyny as a hate crime. The additional category will apply to a range of incidents reported to the police, from street harassment through to physical intrusions on women’s space. You can find the full definition on the Nottinghamshire Police website. […]
- Come and See us at Pride! - Nottingham Women’s Centre will have a stall at Pride on 30 July. We will be among other stallholders on Heathcoat Street; come and see us and find out more about what we’re up to and ways in which you can support out work. If you want to take part in the parade, it’s setting off […]
- Closure of Nottingham Women’s Centre nursery - We are sad to announce that Nottingham Women’s Centre nursery will cease to operate on Wednesday 31st August. The closure of the nursery is due to circumstances outside of our control and is no reflection on the hard work of the nursery team. Partly this decision comes as a result of the loss of grant […]
- Goodbye to Radical Readers - Radical Readers began in 2012 after local women asked for a feminist reading and consciousness raising group to be established. Since then, many of the women involved in the group have moved on to other things (or other cities) and attendance at the group has reduced meaning that recent meetings haven’t gone ahead. We apologise […]
- Boxing – cancelled - Sadly we’ve had to cancel the boxing classes that were scheduled to start this month. We’re hoping to bring them back in September though, so watch this space.
- Meet the Team – Jasmin - Hi My name is Jasmin and I am the Receptionist and Senior Administrator here at the Women’s Centre. I’ve worked here for almost 2 years now and I can honestly say that no two days have been the same since I started, and that’s all part of why I love it so much, my job […]
- Summer Party – come and join us! - On Friday 15th July we’ll be opening up the Centre for a day of free fun, food and pampering. It may not feel much like summer outside but the atmosphere inside will definitely be warm and sunny! Come along between 10am – 3pm and join us for a bite to eat, a bit of belly dancing, […]
- Feminist magazine Spare Rib now available online - Spare Rib launched in 1972 and gave important coverage to the emerging Women’s Liberation Movement, until it eventually closed in 1993. You can now download all 239 editions of the magazine for free via the British Library via this link. And if you prefer to view them in their original format, remember that we’ve also […]