Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- EU Referendum – what you need to know - The EU referendum is on Thursday 23rd June. We are keen to encourage all women to vote but we do appreciate that making your mind up about it can be tough. Here is the link to a tool which helps you look at the main issues and make a more informed decision on where you […]
- Your views on mental health crisis services needed - Healthwatch Nottinghamshire wants your views on mental health crisis services across Nottinghamshire and Nottingham City. You don’t need to have had a mental health crisis yourself – you can still give your views about these services and how you want them to support you if you needed them. If you have had experience of these services they […]
- Come and Visit our Stall and Display at Sherwood Art Week! - We have a Craft Club here at the Centre and the women have been meeting and supporting one another regularly, crafting while they chat. When they were invited to create a display for Sherwood Art Week, there was a mix of excitement and slight horror, but they have responded to the challenge in style, creating […]
- Nottingham Shoosmiths Kick Off Charity of the Year with Euro 16 Fundraiser - The staff charity team at the Nottingham Branch of Shoosmiths, award-winning UK law firm, have chosen Nottingham Women’s Centre as their Charity of the Year – and have kicked off their fundraising this week with a Euro 16-based fundraiser. On 8 June, staff took part in dress down Wednesday, enjoyed a chip butty lunch, launched […]
- Meet the Team – Rachel - I’m Rachel Strong and I’m one of the caseworkers on the Training and Support (TAS) team. I’ve been working at Nottingham Women’s Centre for just over 18 months and, although it might sound a bit cheesy, can honestly say this is the most rewarding job I’ve ever had. There are so many reasons to love […]
- Boxing is back! - Get fit and have fun at our boxing classes, run by Zahra Butt of Boxsmart Nottingham. Classes start on 13th July, from 6pm – 7pm and run every Wednesday evening for 4 weeks. The sessions will restart again after the summer break on 14th September. Cost: £3 per session for women, £1 for accompanied children.
- Our Nursery Children Raise Funds for New Play Equipment - The children and staff in our Nursery have been busy fundraising for play equipment. They have set themselves a target of £500 to pay for messy play equipment for the new Mother, Baby and Toddler group and new toys for the Nursery. So far, the children have made cakes, bread and pizza which have gone […]
- New Mother, Baby and Toddler Group Starting 9 June - We are really excited to launch our new weekly playgroup, open to all mothers and carers with pre-school age children, who would like to come along and meet other mums and carers, enjoy supported play with their children and learn about what else is going on in the City. Starting on Thursday 9 June, the […]
- Celebrating Volunteers Week With Afternoon Tea! - Here at Nottingham Women’s Centre, so much of what we do is possible only because of the skills, commitment and dedication of our volunteers. To mark national volunteers week and, most importantly, to say thank you to our wonderful volunteers, we set 7 June aside for our volunteers to have some fun and treats. We […]