Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- Are you a woman or girl who has ever been harassed or had unwanted attention in Nottingham? - If so, we would really like to hear from you so your story can help us make Nottinghamshire Safer for Women. Sadly, for too many women street harassment is a fact of life. An online study by stopstreetharassment.com showed that 95% of respondents reported being the victims of leering, honking or whistling and a large proportion […]
- Course Information Day - Wednesday 2nd September 2015, 10am-1pm Nottingham Women’s Centre will be hosting a course information day on Wednesday 2nd September. This will be an opportunity to find out and sign up to all the exciting courses we will have on offer for the Autumn, a chance to meet with tutors and staff and also catch up […]
- New self help group for ‘socially lonely’ mums - Opportunity for mothers from all cultural backgrounds to meet up, socialize and stay connected with like-minded women. New group for ‘socially lonely’ mums has been set up in and around the Lace Market Area of Nottingham. The group is being supported by Self Help Nottingham. It will be a chance to share day to day […]
- Changes to RENEW coffee morning - The RENEW coffee morning that is usually held in the Welcome Space every Thursday 10-12 noon is in the process of change. In order to provide a more private space for women who wish to discuss their needs and find out about our services, Renew will now offer an appointment system for women on a […]
- Lesbian and Bi Women’s Cafe Evening - On the second Monday of every month, 5:30pm-7:30pm – come along for a relaxed atmosphere, to catch up with old friends, meet new people and grab a bite to eat. Newcomers are always made to feel welcome (contact reception if you want someone to meet you beforehand) WHAT IS ON OFFER? Copies of DIVA magazine, […]
- Can you help develop our feminist library? - We are recruiting for volunteers to join the management committee for Nottingham Women’s Library – our feminist and LGBT library, holding a unique and valuable collection of women’s writing. This library was relaunched in November 2014 after a lot of hard work from a dedicated team of volunteers who catalogued the 2000 plus books that […]
- Do you receive, provide, manage, commission or feel passionately about social care? - Nottingham Citizens are holding a ‘Listening Evening’ TONIGHT at St.Nics 6.30 – 8pm. Women are both providers and recipients of care and it’s important that women’s experiences of care are represented. This will be an informal evening of focused small group discussions, an opportunity to hear a bit about our social care work, and hear testimony, and an […]
- No boxing tonight - We are really sorry but there will be no boxing class again tonight – apologies for any inconvenience. Please keep an eye on our website and we will keep you updated.