Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- Crisis support available over Christmas - Nottingham Women’s Centre is closed from 25th December until 2nd January. We recognise that the Christmas and new year period can be a difficult time for many. Please see information below on sources of support available over this period.
- Courses and activities in the new year - Come along to our open day on Tuesday 6th January, 10am – 1pm to find out about the new courses and activities for January 2015. You can also view our new course booklet below: Problems viewing? Click here to download as a pdf.
- Taste the World Book Launch - Our partners the Women’s Culture Exchange are launching their new cookbook Taste the World on Saturday 20 December at the New Art Exchange. Check out their flyer here: Taste the World eflyer This project has arisen from the women’s desire to share their cooking skills, to learn from each others’ cultures and to contribute within the wider community. A […]
- Launch of Hollaback Nottingham - Hollaback Nottingham – a project about taking action against street harassment is launching this Saturday 13th December. Hollaback! is a movement to end street harassment powered by a network of local activists around the world through working together to better understand street harassment, to ignite public conversations, and to develop innovative strategies to ensure equal access […]
- 2015 – our Year of Campaigning - Our theme for 2015 was announced yesterday at our AGM by the chair of our Board of Trustees, Lesley Steele. With the general elections coming up, 2015 will be the Year of Campaigning for Nottingham Women’s Centre looking at two main strands of activity: Outreach to encourage and support women to vote and talk to their […]
- Christmas Swap Shop - We are hosting a swap shop organised by Nottingham Women for Change and Hollaback Nottingham on Saturday, 6th December from 11am – 2pm. More information on the poster below.
- AGM and Film Screening - Our Annual General Meeting will be held on: Thursday 4th December from 5.30pm We’ll be electing new trustees and conducting the official business of the charity first, and then showing a film in Room 9 (upstairs): Pray the Devil Back to Hell – a film which documents the Women of Liberia Mass Action for Peace […]
- Transamerica – Screening and discussion - We are hosting a screening of the film Transamerica on Tuesday, 25th November at 6pm followed by a discussion. Transamerica stars Felicity Huffman as trans woman named Bree. One week before undergoing surgery, Bree learns that she fathered a boy who is now 17 and is in trouble with the law. Bree would like to […]