Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- Lesbian and Bi Women’s Cafe Evening - On the second Monday of every month, 5:30pm-7:30pm – come along for a relaxed atmosphere, to catch up with old friends, meet new people and grab a bite to eat. Newcomers are always made to feel welcome (contact reception if you want someone to meet you beforehand) WHAT IS ON OFFER? Copies of DIVA magazine, […]
- Can you help develop our feminist library? - We are recruiting for volunteers to join the management committee for Nottingham Women’s Library – our feminist and LGBT library, holding a unique and valuable collection of women’s writing. This library was relaunched in November 2014 after a lot of hard work from a dedicated team of volunteers who catalogued the 2000 plus books that […]
- Do you receive, provide, manage, commission or feel passionately about social care? - Nottingham Citizens are holding a ‘Listening Evening’ TONIGHT at St.Nics 6.30 – 8pm. Women are both providers and recipients of care and it’s important that women’s experiences of care are represented. This will be an informal evening of focused small group discussions, an opportunity to hear a bit about our social care work, and hear testimony, and an […]
- No boxing tonight - We are really sorry but there will be no boxing class again tonight – apologies for any inconvenience. Please keep an eye on our website and we will keep you updated.
- 40 Years of Notts Lesbian and Gay Switchboard - The Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Lesbian and Gay Switchboard are celebrating 40 years this year. They have made this celebration booklet – take a look. NLGS 40th anniversary booklet A5
- We’re recruiting – Nursery Deputy Supervisor - We are recruiting a Deputy Supervisor for our Nursery. This is an opportunity to be part of the efficient and effective day-to-day operation and management of Nottingham Women’s Centre Children’s Nursery. The Deputy will support the Nursery Supervisor in her role and deputise in her absence. Salary: £15,602 – £16,234 pro rata Hours: 32 hours per week (plus possibility of […]
- Our Summer newsletter is here - All the latest updates on what has been going on here at Nottingham Women’s Centre and what is coming up. Read it here and tell us what you think – we are always looking for feedback.
- Our library catalogue is now online! - Browse our collection of feminist and LGBT fiction and non-fiction through our online searchable catalogue. If you would like to borrow a book from our collection, you can do so by coming in to the Centre and becoming a member. Membership is from £2 – £10 for a year and books can be borrowed for […]