Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- Celebrate International Women’s Day with us - We have a series of exciting events and activities happening for International Women’s Day 2015 – please join us in celebrating women’s achievements and talents, past and present. Here is what is happening: 3rd March, Trip to the Houses of Parliament – The theme for this year’s activities is Women and the Vote and we […]
- Job Club Volunteer Urgently Needed - We are urgently seeking a volunteer to help us with our weekly job club. The role involves supporting women to search for jobs, compile and submit application forms, write and update CVs, prepare for interviews and signpost to training and other support services which may help in accessing employment. If you have good communication and […]
- Million Women Rise coach tickets – available now! - Million Women Rise 2015 is on Saturday 7th March and like every year, we will be taking a coach down to London to participate. Million Women Rise (MWR) believes that male violence against women and children is a global pandemic. Violence devastates the lives of women, our families, and our communities. It also threatens to […]
- Swap Shop – clothes, cake and conversation! - We are hosting a swap shop organised by Nottingham Women for Change on Saturday 7th February from 11am – 3pm. More information on the poster below:
- Exciting opportunity for campaigns training - Are you sometimes angry about decisions that affect you and the women around you? Do you wish you could have more say and more influence in how decisions are made and do more to change things? Do you want to volunteer with us to learn how to influence decision makers, campaign and support other women […]
- Beat the winter blues with us – Friday 23rd - Get away from the cold miserable weather and join us for some winter fun on Friday 23rd January, 10am – 3pm with hot food and drinks, belly dancing, jewellery making and plenty more.
- Small Grants Funding – Last few days to apply - We have extended our deadline for applications to the small grants funding. The new deadline for applications is now Wednesday 28 January. The small grants funding is aimed at supporting small, grassroots organisations from Nottingham who are working with women and LGBT people. The activities funded by the grants should be around at least one […]
- Places still available on courses - We’ve got nearly 30 different courses and activities happening this term and it’s not too late to get involved. We still have places on some of our popular courses and activities including: Women and Social Media Woman and Confidence Building Woman and Psychology Functional English Women and IT It’s also not too late to join activities […]