Nottingham Women’s Centre aims to offer a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, take part in training, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- Exciting opportunity for campaigns training - Are you sometimes angry about decisions that affect you and the women around you? Do you wish you could have more say and more influence in how decisions are made and do more to change things? Do you want to volunteer with us to learn how to influence decision makers, campaign and support other women […]
- Beat the winter blues with us – Friday 23rd - Get away from the cold miserable weather and join us for some winter fun on Friday 23rd January, 10am – 3pm with hot food and drinks, belly dancing, jewellery making and plenty more.
- Small Grants Funding – Last few days to apply - We have extended our deadline for applications to the small grants funding. The new deadline for applications is now Wednesday 28 January. The small grants funding is aimed at supporting small, grassroots organisations from Nottingham who are working with women and LGBT people. The activities funded by the grants should be around at least one […]
- Places still available on courses - We’ve got nearly 30 different courses and activities happening this term and it’s not too late to get involved. We still have places on some of our popular courses and activities including: Women and Social Media Woman and Confidence Building Woman and Psychology Functional English Women and IT It’s also not too late to join activities […]
- Women in Construction Taster Workshops - Try your hand at plumbing, electrics, plastering and more at these free construction workshops!
- Legal Advice Clinic with Nottingham Law School - Free, women only, legal advice sessions are available here at the centre from the Nottingham Law School. Advice is available on a range of areas: Are you worried about your rights at work? Do you have concerns about your tenancy/housing situation? Are you locked into a phone or gym contract that you didn’t agree to? […]
- Life Writing Workshop - Join us for a new 6 week life story writing workshop, starting next week. This is a great chance for you to learn to write a story while meeting other women and sharing your life experiences in a published book (can be anonymous)!
- The inspiring coffee women of Peru - This is a guest post by The Roasting House. As part of our coffee roasting business, The Roasting House, we often buy small bags of coffee to try out before committing to larger orders. This is how we came across Cafe Femenino, a women’s coffee co-operative from Peru. The founding members of Cafe Femenino were […]