We have gathered some menopause-related resources you might find helpful, from learning more about what menopause is, to finding peer support in your area, to understanding your rights in the workplace.
We have assembled a guide for anyone looking for menopause-related support and resources in Nottingham and beyond. It includes peer support and advice groups, local menopause-related poetry and literature, support from national organisations, and more.
Supporting your physical and mental health
The below is advice taken from our full Menopause in the Workplace report.
- Reach out for help from your GP, and/or from a specialist Menopause Advisor or peer support group – you can find one using our resources above.
- Eat well and stay hydrated.
- Establish a routine which works for you.
- Keep moving with regular exercise. We regularly offer free exercise classes – keep an eye on our ‘what’s on’ page to find out more.
- Practise good sleep hygiene.
After identifying the impact of the menopause amongst our service users, we spoke to women across Nottinghamshire and created our Menopause in the Workplace report, which displays all of the findings from our surveys, focus groups and email interviews with local women. We published this report during the pandemic so some of it relates to Covid-19, but much of it is still, unfortunately, just as relevant today.