We had a great workshop recently with Sanya – a doctor specialising in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Carmel – a sexual health nurse.
They shared loads of information about contraception and how it can help periods. As well as general info about periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, irregular bleeding and less bleeding.
If you missed the workshop but are impacted by any of the above, here’s a list of places you can go for help
- Nottingham Sexual Health Service: 0115 9627627
- Contraception information: (contraceptionchoices.org)
- Period problems: NHS (nhs.uk)
- Endometriosis UK: (endometriosis-uk.org)
- Polycystic ovaries: Verity PCOS UK (verity-pcos.org.uk)
- NAPS National Association for Premenstrual Syndromes (pms.org.uk)
- Menopause Matters (menopausematters.co.uk)
- For more information you can speak to your Practice Nurse or GP.