Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Hours: 19.5 hrs
Salary: £21,480 pro rata
Reporting to: Communications and Partnerships Manager
Line managing: Volunteers
Closing date: 12 noon Thursday 21st November
Interviews: wc 2nd December
Due to the nature and sensitivity of the project’s client group, it is an occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9 for the post holder to be female.
We are looking for a professional and experienced Volunteer Coordinator to join our friendly team at the women’s centre. Your role will be to empower women through volunteering at the centre by coordinating the recruitment, training and support of volunteers in a variety of roles across the organisation.
You will have experience of working with people facing multiple disadvantages and will have a good understanding of challenges and issues affecting women in Nottingham today.
In this role you will:
- Offer advice and information to potential volunteers through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
- Match volunteers with suitable volunteering opportunities within Nottingham Women’s Centre and work with staff to develop new volunteering opportunities.
- Generate appropriate role descriptions.
- Develop and maintain links with local community groups, organisations, training providers and businesses in order to recruit volunteers and to identify suitable pathways for progression.
- Facilitate inductions and provide induction training for new volunteers.
- Coordinate, develop and/or deliver appropriate training opportunities for volunteers.
- Monitor and review volunteer placements to ensure volunteers receive sufficient support, stay motivated and are able to achieve their goals.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures in volunteer management to ensure good practice and compliance with the Investing in Volunteers quality standard.
- Promote volunteering opportunities via social media, the website and other media as well as at internal and external events.
- Ensure feedback is obtained from volunteers and that impact of volunteering is recorded, monitored and evaluated.
- Celebrate volunteering through events and public recognition of volunteering.
- Participate in strategic volunteering networks in the city and beyond.
Please check the job description below for more details.
We offer a generous amount of leave, opportunities for flexible working, personal development and a supportive working environment that includes access to an employee assistance programme.
In line with our fair recruitment practices, we do not accept CVs. Please download the application form below and complete this in conjunction with the job description/person specification. You’ll also find some guidance notes below to explain our processes and help you to fill in the application form.
Completed application forms should be returned to [email protected] or posted to Nottingham Women’s Centre, 30 Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP