It was a great event where we heard about the work of NWC partners, the achievements of the centre and the plans for the coming year.
The last 12 months saw unprecedented levels of activity around issues relating to women – we all took part in the
celebrations for Vote 100, witnessed incredible moments of female activism and empowerment such as #MeToo and
#TimesUp and were reminded about continuing employment inequalities through the gender pay gap data – all these have made us super energised to continue with our mission to empower women in Nottinghamshire.
At the start of the new financial year, we became the recipient of The Queen’s Award For Voluntary Service.
Classed as the MBE for volunteer groups, it is the highest award given to volunteer groups across the UK! All down
to the incredible work and time our volunteers dedicate to the centre and our women.
We feel that 2018 truly is the Year of the Woman and we strongly believe that it could bring a significant stepchange
towards female equality. Will you be part of the solution?
We have big plans and ambitions:
- Searching for a new building to provide easier access to more women
- Looking to increase our membership and develop our membership offer
- Expanding our provision of courses and activities e.g. our Counsellors and Therapists are expanding their service into the county and offering more session in the city too.
- Planning an exciting calendar of events with opportunities for engagement for ALL women
- Hoping to establish new partnerships with more local businesses
Feel like you could help us achieve these goals? Then please get in touch!
Let us know how you’ll support NWC over the next 12 months – we’d love to hear your
ideas. Tweet your response to us at @nottswcentre using the hashtag #nwcandme
Read more about NWC achievements over the last 12 months in the Nottingham Women’s Centre Annual Report 2018.