Poetry and Zine Workshops
January 25 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00pm on Friday, repeating until 1st February 2019
You are invited to participate in a series of 3 creative writing workshops drawing inspiration from the rich history of women’s poetry and poetry publications. Guided by a team of professional poets, you will have the opportunity to take a look at poetry publications from the 1960-90s, and develop your poems in a friendly and supportive environment. In the final workshop, Grrrl, a DIY (Do It Yourself) feminist zine collective, will teach us folding, binding, and collage techniques to make our own zines.
Women poets of all ages and abilities are warmly invited to attend. No experience is necessary; all materials will be provided. This is a chance to be creative, meet new people and have fun!
Places are limited, so please email to book your place. If possible, we ask that you commit to attending all three sessions.
- Can I just turn up on the first day? Yes
- How much does it cost? It is free.
- Do I have to commit to attending every session? You will get most out of this course if you can attend each session.
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
- No, all materials will be provided.