- This event has passed.
Find Your Voice! (6 week course)
2nd April 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Tuesday, repeating until 2nd April 2019
This course will enable women to make the most of their own unique voices, as well as building the confidence to share their amazing voices with others!
We will look at:
- How the voice works and what makes us sound unique
- Common issues facing the female voice and how to combat them
- Creating a healthy voice through healthy diaphragmatic breathing
- Unleashing our vocal potential to BE HEARD!
- Feeling good through song
- Cultivating a positive ‘inner voice’
- Building confidence and breaking down barriers to allow assertive expression
- Self-expression of our voices in written form.
To guarantee your place, please register in advance by leaving your name and contact number with NWC reception. You will then be contacted by the WEA charity to register your place.
- Can I just turn up on the first day?
No, to guarantee your place, please register in advance by leaving your name and contact number with NWC reception. You will then be contacted by the WEA charity to register your place.
- What if I cannot start on the first day?
You can join the course at any point but, in order to cover all the course topics and to grow in confidence, learners should try to attend as many sessions as possible.
- Do I have to commit to attending every session? No, but you will get most benefit if you attend as many as you can
- How much does it cost?
This workshop is free of charge for women receiving benefits or tax credits. For anyone else there is a fee of £46.20 (£3.85 per hour). For women who are on low income or who are struggling financially, it may be possible for the WEA charity to deduct 50% off the workshop cost.
- Do I need to bring anything with me? No.