Nottingham Women’s Centre,
30 Chaucer Street,
Telephone: 0115 941 1475
9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
Nottingham Women’s Centre is based in a listed building and not all of our rooms are accessible to those with mobility difficulties. Access to the first and second floors is via stairs. There are 20 steps to each floor in the building, with chairs to rest between the first and second floors. Wheelchair access is available on the ground floor through the main entrance and on the lower ground floor to the rear of the building. If access is required to the lower ground floor, reception must be informed, as a staff member will need to wait at the fire door to enable access.
Nottingham Women’s Centre – Getting Here:
Nottingham Women’s Centre is located at 30 Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP. Access is via the front door, up a ramp with a doorbell/intercom mounted at an accessible height.
- The footpath on connecting streets to the Centre are mainly well-surfaced and reasonably flat.
- It is just a 10 minute walk from the city centre (Nottingham Council House).
- There is a bike shed located at the opposite end of Chaucer Street to store bikes.
For bus users:
- Travel to the Centre is available from several parts of Nottingham.
- The closest bus stop to the Centre is Clarendon Street (Stop Y9), from here it only takes another few minutes to walk to the Centre.
- Buses which stop here includes: 28, 30, 31, 35, 36, 80, L10, L14.
- All Nottingham City buses are wheelchair and buggy accessible.
For tram users:
- The nearest tram stop is Trent University
- Trams leave every 3-5 minutes into Nottingham from Hucknall, Phoenix Park, Toton Lane & Clifton South.
- Nottingham Trams provide access for all – with accessibility for wheelchairs and buggies.
For train users:
- The closest train station is Nottingham Station
- The Centre is a 20 minute walk from the station, alternatively there is a taxi rank just outside the station and bus routes to Clarendon Street.
- Private car and motorcycle users can park in nearby car parks, the closest multi-story car park is Trinity Square
- There is also on-street parking. However, on-street parking is limited during business and university hours due to the busy area. Fees are £1 per 30 mins.
If you have any more questions, please get in touch.