Nottingham Women’s Centre needs a new logo!
We need a new logo that better represents the services and support that we provide to women in Notts.
Would you like to design our new logo and help us shape our brand identity?
Logo design competition
Criteria for the new logo
1. What do we want our logo to tell the world?
This is who we are – http://www.nottinghamwomenscentre.com/about/.
The new logo must reflect our core Values:
• We are Feminist
• We are Inclusive
• We are Responsive
• We believe in person-centered solutions
• We are Partners
• We are Stewards
• We listen, learn and adapt
• We are Professional
• We are Positive
And this is how women who access the centre describe us:
2. Who’s the target audience?
3. Where will we use it?
On all digital and print materials.
The new logo must be “responsive” – https://www.adozeneggs.co.uk/insights/what-is-a-responsive-logo/, which means taking into consideration the following:
• The logo needs to be scalable so when used on a small item (e.g. a pen) it has to be clear and retain all its original features.
• Think about the colour palette – monochrome v many colours – e.g. when creating branded merchandise, using a monochrome logo is more cost effective than using a full colour logo.
• The new logo needs to work as a stand-alone icon that can be easily used on social media and can be easily recognisable and associated with Nottingham Women’s Centre.
Keep it simple – Often the best logos are the simplest ones
Make it memorable and easily recognisable
Make it look effective both in colour and in black and white
Do I have to be a graphic designer to enter?
This competition is open to everyone regardless of their skills or access to design software.*
Whether you have design experience or not please feel free to enter – above all we are looking for great ideas and concepts. Designs as PDF, PSD or AI are preferable but equally you can submit a drawing if you have no access to design software.
The winning design will be translated by a local design agency into a logo that will be used by Nottingham Women’s Centre going forward. We reserve the right to adjust it slightly to ensure its effective use in both print and digital.
The winner will have a choice of prize to include:
– vouchers of your choice to the value of £50
– 1 week work experience at a Nottingham based design agency www.studiorenton.com * (some experience with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop is recommended if you choose this prize)
Summer 2019 – Competition Launches
31st October 2019 – Competition closes – all designs to be submitted to NWC by COP on the 31st October
1st November – 7th November 2019 – Judging process
No later than 8th November 2019 – Winner announced
The following rules are designed to make the logo competition as clear and fair as possible.
• All designs must be original.
• All designs must be received by COP on the 31st October. Designs received after this date will not be considered.
• Format – preferably PDF and PSD (Photoshop) or AI (Illustrator); if you don’t have access to design software, we will accept a drawing.
• Judging process – A judging panel consisting of a range of stakeholders: NWC staff, board, volunteers, service users, partners and supporters will choose a winner.
• The winning design becomes a property of Nottingham Women’s Centre.
• Decisions made by the judging panels are final.
• Please submit your design to firstname.lastname@example.org, if necessary please use WeTransfer.com to send your files.
Thank You to www.studiorenton.com for supporting the competition
We’re a full-service design studio. We create powerful branding, develop innovative websites, build engaging apps and produce digital and print content for clients all over the globe.