We are looking for applications for projects and activities aimed at improving the lives of Women, Girls and LGBT+ people in Nottingham. This small grant funding is part of the three year Nottingham City Council Communities of Identity funding stream to Nottingham Women’s Centre and partner organisations.
The grants will support small, grassroots organisations (with a turnover of less than £10,000) that work with women or LGBT+ people to deliver projects and activities around at least one of the following:
Addressing Isolation in the LGBT+ community in Nottingham
- Including support around specific LGBT+ health issues
- Support around Hate Crime
Providing Safe Physical and Virtual Spaces for women
- Support communities through providing physical and/or online space, particularly women who face increased social isolation or multiple barriers to inclusion.
- Around Hardship and Crisis – this means financial difficulties, or need for support and advice around practical day to day needs.
- Through group or one to one support.
- Around getting their voices and issues better heard and understood by decision makers.
- Improving and addressing physical health and wellbeing needs for women.
Providing activities to complement mainstream mental health provision
- Specialist group or one to one counselling or activities to improve wellbeing.
How to Apply
To apply you will need to attend one of our pre-application meetings which will take place in June. The deadline for applications for this funding round is 5pm Friday 14 July. Application forms will be provided at the pre-application meeting.
Please contact Joanne on: email@example.com for more information and to arrange your pre-application session. Or call the Women’s Centre on 0115 941 1475 to book onto a session.
Nottingham has an exciting range of events and activities planned for International Women’s Day this year. These events are not just on the day itself (8 March) but in the weeks before and after so take a look below at what is on offer.
Check out our calendar here and let us know if you are planning an event and would like to be added to this list!
Wednesday 8 March – International Women’s Day!
- Nottingham Muslim Women’s Network event. Entertainment, Stalls, Guest speakers and Therapies. All women welcome. 9.30am – 2pm Muslim Hands – Gregory Boulevard. Booking required.
- The Farr Centre – Inspirational Speaker Maggie Stubbs In Worksop From 10am to 12noon. Free Women only Event.
- Nottingham Women’s Centre 11am – 2pm. With a Cake stall, Drumming workshops, Guest speakers, Treatments, Dancing and lots of other great activities. Also including a guest talk from Amnesty International at 11am on current international womens rights. All women welcome!
Thursday 9 March
Equation Organisation -Tea and Fizz event £25 per ticket. http://www.equation.org.uk/fundraising/#afternoon-tea-and-fizz-in-honour-of-international-womens-day
Friday 10 March
Reel Equality Film Club and FAN CLUB team up for FREE Broadway cafebar women’s takeover party and screening event. From 8pm to Late at The Broadway Cinema. Music and a FREE screening of the classic movie 9 to 5! Open to all. https://www.facebook.com/events/224753047928657/
Saturday 11 March
- Women’s Culture Exchange event 12 noon – 4 pm at the New Art Exchange. Come and enjoy food, dancing, crafts and more.
Monday 13 March
Chayah Development Project. International Women’s Day celebration. With health and beauty treatments, international food, Live music and More. https://www.facebook.com/events/1807565196170026/
Saturday 18 March
Pakeeza Women Group With Asian Women’s Project, Radio Faza & Bazme Adab. Musical Celebration Evening. From 3pm and the MCO Centre on Beaumont Street. Entry £3. Women only.
Sunday 19 March
Girls Make it Happen. Free sports and fitness activities and tasters. Carlton Leisure Centre From 2pm – 4pm https://www.facebook.com/events/428972990768028/