Nottingham Women’s Centre empowers 2000 women a year through one to one support and 500 through our courses and activities. 30% of these are Black, Asian or from a minority ethnic group. We’re recruiting to our team and we’d like to better represent the women we serve so would encourage women of colour to apply. If you’d like to visit the Centre to find out more before applying please get in touch. [email protected]
Job Title: Communications and Campaigns Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week (open to job share)
Starting salary: £27,944-£30,454
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Line managing: Representation and Policy Officer, Quality and Partnerships Co-ordinator, Safer for Women
Co-ordinator, Women Voices Co-ordinator
Closing date: Monday 13 Jan 2020 9am
Interviews: Friday 24 January 2020
In this role, you will raise the profile of the Centre and other women’s services through effective communications, outreach and networking to enable women to reach their full potential, have their voices heard and campaign for positive change.
Your main responsibilities will include managing and leading the External Relations team to
- Publicise the work of the Centre and our partners.
- Ensure women’s needs and views are at the heart of our future development.
- Develop an outreach programme to further improve our reach.
- Use women’s lived experience to initiate and contribute to campaigns that seek to change public policy.
- Champion the voice of women in Nottingham’s decision making arena and beyond.
- Bring women’s organisations together to network, build capacity and increase our collective impact.
- Ensure regular and effective consultation takes place with a range of partners, service users and women.
- Maximise opportunities to raise funds for the Centre.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with relevant legislation and Nottingham Women’s Centre policies and procedures, including the Centre’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
- Work in a way which positively promotes the aims, objectives and values of Nottingham Women’s Centre.
- Take responsibility for safeguarding clients, volunteers and staff, paying particular attention to the sharing of information and professional boundaries.
- Participate in training and development as required.
- Carry out administrative duties relating to the post.
- Act as an effective team member and attend and contribute to staff meetings.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
Please check the job description below for more details.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to support our values which include being feminist, inclusive, responsive and person-centred.
All positions at Nottingham Women’s Centre are open to all self-identifying women.
We offer a generous amount of leave, opportunities for flexible working, personal development and a supportive working environment that includes access to an employee assistance programme.
In line with our fair recruitment practices, we do not accept CVs. Please download the application form below and complete this in conjunction with the job description/person specification. You’ll also find some guidance notes below to explain our processes and help you to fill in the application form.