Laughter to lift your spirits and boost your health
So what is Laughter Yoga all about? It is a practice involving prolonged voluntary laughter, which can have beneficial effects on your health and well-being.
Laughter makes you feel good due to the release of endorphins but it also strengthens your heart and boosts your lung capacity and breathing. Not only is it a great cardio workout but it’s also a good workout for your abdominal muscles, and consequently your core strength too.
- Enjoy a combination of breathing and playful exercises
- Connect with others and your sense of childlike fun
- Help release emotional and physical stress
- Get toned and burn calories
- Get the same psychological and physiological benefits of laughter
Come along and try this physical activity for yourself and explore how deep, hearty belly laughter can motivate and energise you. It’s free and back by popular demand!
Leads to a qualification
8, 15, 22 May
5, 12 Jun
Six sessions – 2 hrs per session
Mon 12:45 – 14:45
No pre-booking required
9 – First Floor