We are looking for applications for projects and activities aimed at improving the lives of Women, Girls and LGBT+ people in Nottingham. This small grant funding is part of the three year Nottingham City Council Communities of Identity funding stream to Nottingham Women’s Centre and partner organisations.
The grants will support small, grassroots organisations (with a turnover of less than £10,000) that work with women or LGBT+ people to deliver projects and activities around at least one of the following:
Addressing Isolation in the LGBT+ community in Nottingham
- Including support around specific LGBT+ health issues
- Support around Hate Crime
Providing Safe Physical and Virtual Spaces for women
- Support communities through providing physical and/or online space, particularly women who face increased social isolation or multiple barriers to inclusion.
- Around Hardship and Crisis – this means financial difficulties, or need for support and advice around practical day to day needs.
- Through group or one to one support.
- Around getting their voices and issues better heard and understood by decision makers.
- Improving and addressing physical health and wellbeing needs for women.
Providing activities to complement mainstream mental health provision
- Specialist group or one to one counselling or activities to improve wellbeing.
How to Apply
To apply you will need to attend one of our pre-application meetings which will take place in June. The deadline for applications for this funding round is 5pm Friday 14 July. Application forms will be provided at the pre-application meeting.
Please contact Joanne on: [email protected] for more information and to arrange your pre-application session. Or call the Women’s Centre on 0115 941 1475 to book onto a session.