We’d like to warmly invite you to the presentation of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service taking place at Nottingham Women’s Centre on Fri the 31st August from 1.30 – 3.30 pm.
This is the official presentation by the Lord-Lieutenant, who will formally hand over the award.
The Award represents a tremendous achievement for our organisation. Classed as the MBE for volunteer groups, it is the highest award given to volunteer groups across the UK. To read more about it please visit this page.
We’d love you to join in the celebrations!
If you are planning to attend, then please let Aga know on email@example.com.
PS – Please note that men will be present at this ceremony.
You are cordially invited to join us on Thu the 6th September from 10 – 2pm for our annual Information / Open day
- Learn more about the centre, the activities and courses that we run as well as the specialist support that we provide.
- Take part in taster sessions for some of our most popular activities.
- Find out how you can take part in focus groups, consultations and research groups.
- Learn about our ongoing #campaigns !
- Find out about volunteering opportunities with the centre
- Visit the Women’s only library – a truly unique resource
- Have some food and make new friends
And if you’ve heard any myths about the centre, let us dispel them on the day…
We look forward to meeting you all!
Make sure to share this invitation with as many women* as possible. We look forward to meeting you all!
Some of the activities and exhibitors confirmed for the day include:
- Campaigns inc Reclaim the Night, Misogyny Hate Crime, #TimesUp Notts
- Crafty Club
- English, maths and ESOL
- Family lives
- Nottingham City UNISON
- PowHer Advocacy
- Story telling club – empowering women through research
- Women’s Only Library inc a poetry workshop
More to be confirmed soon!
*this is a women only event, trans inclusive